Sunday 1 May 2011

SANCTUARY: BRIGHTENING FACIAL, MOISTURE BOOSTING MASK

What the packet claims
Ultimate moisture boost to revive thirsty skin for a glowing finish

Tired, dry skin not only looks dull, but it is more easily subjects to the signs of ageing. Our therapists use this ultra moisture boosting mask to help revive the skin and renew the complexion. Organic shea butter and honey help nourish the skin, while organic rosehip seed oil is known to help skin restore itself and protects against the signs of skin ageing. The calming aroma of lavender essential oil relaxes the spirit, while the high levels of actives absorb into the skin to leave it feeling quenched and radiantly glowing.



As I have mentioned in many of my reviews, I have combination skin which can turn dry very quickly. As the weather has changed, my skin has naturally changed to very dry, so when I had the chance to try this home mask, I lept at the chance.

The mask is a very thick cream which sits on top of the face and does not dry and freeze your face like other masks. This aspect of the mask I like very much.
I wouldn't say that the cream smelt of lavender, more a Christmas cake sort of smell, anyway it was very nice.

Instructions say to smother on and leave for ten minutes, here goes.............

Wearing the mask
Well I am feeling very relaxed and this could have something to do with the essential oils which are apparently soothing my spirit. Face feels comfortable and cool.
Right, 10 mins are up, time to wash off................

After removing the mask
FUCK!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GET THE SKIN OFF MY FACE!!!!!!!!!
It is going red and blotchy and itches like a b........

Ok, when I first washed it off, my skin felt no different and I didn't have the amazing glow that I was promised. My skin was comfortable but still looked a bit rubbish.
The packet then states to apply the moisturiser which I have done.
Skin felt fine. Maybe a little warm but ok.

Forward 2 minutes.
My face is so itchy, I am truely struggling to not claw my skin off. Skin is turning red and blotchy on my neck, cheeks and chin and my face is starting to feel very hot!
Thank god I'm not working tomorrow.

Ten minutes after
The itching has finally stopped, thank God! 
My face is still a little/very pink but is getting there slowly.
Skin feels smooth but I wouldn't say that it was anything to do with the mask, more like it was new skin as the old skin had been burned/ripped off.

Hate this mask, really hate it.
Maybe it was because of my skin but I highly doubt that, my skin was slightly dry, it wasn't a desert.

Would never, never, never use this again.

Will let you know how my face turns out in the morning.

Ok, face is feeling a little tingly, it think that is because it can feel air again. Tut Tut.

No comments:

Post a Comment