Friday 4 February 2011

Eylure Girls Aloud False Eye Lashes

OK now to talk about one of my fav things in the make up world - FAKE LASHES!!!!!!

I have a seriously addiction to lashes and mascara and I want them as dark as night and the bigger the better.

My personal go to lashes are by MAC and Shu Uemura but these come with a highish price tag however, if you look after them carefully, will last you a while.

As I have stated, I want to bring less expensive products to your attention so I will be reviewing cheaper ones first, but don't worry I will be back to these amazing creations.

I am not a big fan of products that have a celebrity name one them, such as Girls Aloud Lashes, JLS condoms (that will never be ok) as in the past I have always thought the way they were marketed was towards young teenagers. I was in a rush and quickly grabbed these in Boots and now ........... they are always in my collection.

OK packaging first. Very compact and easy to see the shape of the lashes before you buy. Obviously there are 5 girls so 5 different lashes you can purchase. Each girl is represented on the boxes so are easier to pick which look you want.
Now, the girls lashes do look amazing, however I am not completely convinced that they are wearing the lashes in the photos. I could be wrong about this.

I like very dark lashes so I usually go for the Cheryl or Sarah sets.

  • I was expected the lashes to feel very fake but the do have a nice feel to them. 
  • They have a nice shape on each of them which helps with the application.#
The glue comes in the packet and is the usually white colour. The glue sticks ok but will start to come away by the end of the night, but can easily be corrected.

Now, you can tell that these lashes are fake as the have a harsh line to them, so it is very important to get them as close to the lash line as possible. Curl your lashes before and after application to help blend the two together.
If you have very light lashes, apply a fine coat of mascara before application so you have a clearer view and also apply after to help make them look like one.

These are very quick and easy to apply and very cheap at around £5.50. Def worth a purchase to try them out but will never be as good as the big guns.


Add on note
Yes, the pack does contain eye lash glue which is fine to use, I also use Duo Adhesive by MAC. This glue is amazing and will make sure that the lashes stay put all night. Whichever  lashes you choose, I highly recommend this glue. It retails for around £10.

No comments:

Post a Comment