Sunday 27 February 2011

Skin Defence "Clarity" Shine control Moisturiser

Hello,

I am a person of combination skin. I am very lucky that I rarely get spots (even from my poor diet). I have the classic oily T-Zone which can turn seriously dry in a minute and oil slick oily in the same amount of time.
This is usually aright once I have found the right products for my skin

When out shopping, I spotted this product. I have used the skin control papers before from this brand so had hope for this moisturiser.

Boy was I wrong.

Ok, the packaging is a pretty pale blue and white combination and the product is easy dispensed. 

The product is not a cream or an oil but somewhere in between. Its like opening a creamy moisturiser and finding some has added water to it. A strange mixture. 
Seeing that it is wetter than a normal moisturiser, my hopes dropped a bit as I have used products like this before, and it didn't work well.

The 'cream' is easy to spread evenly over the face which is great but then the tightening effect started to happen.

Any one who has dry skin will understand the mild discomfort you experince when washing your face with water.
For me, this product feels worse.

My skin started to feel really tight and uncomfortable. It felt like my skin couldn't breath. It felt like a clay mask had been applied to my face.
I didn't apply make up after so that I could see better what it done to my skin during the day, seeing as this was the reaction I was having.
The tight feeling lasted for around 15mins and slightly disappeared. Eventhough my skin didn't feel tight anymore, it didn't feel pleasent. It still felt like a film was across my face.

On the up-side, the shine control worked quite well at reducing the shine on my face but I don't want to go through that tight feeling to achieve it.

Remember, these are just my personal experiences and views. It doesn't mean this product is bad, it just means that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with my skin type.

It wasn't expensive at all. A few pounds.

If you do decide to try this product and experience the same feelings that I did, I would suggest that you cleanse your face to remove it as soon as possible.
Your skin needs to breath. Leaving it on could effect the skin greater and this isn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment