Sunday 6 November 2011

Rimmel Fix & Perfefct Pro primer


What the packaging says
Skin-perfecting formula for 5-in-1 results: 
  1. Smoothes
  2. Resurfaces
  3. Brightens
  4. Mattifies
  5. Protects
Prolongs foundation  wear (doesn't that make 6-in-1?).
Apply to clear skin. Wear alone or under foundation.

I can't go without a primer as I have combination skin which can change quickly, so primer is a must.

The product is a white watery cream which spreads easily onto the skin and does sink in, however it can take long than some primers.

Ok we will go one step at a time
  1. Smoothes - My skin did feel smooth after use but to be honest, I have quite soft skin anyway. At least it didn't feel tight or react to my skin. Very comfortable to wear.
  2. Resurfaces - Sounds scary if you ask me. Wouldn't say it resurfaced the skin.
  3. Brightens - I didn't notice a change in the brightness of my skin really.
  4. Mattifies - Well, to start with.....yes. But after a couple of hours, my make up was starting to slide.
  5. Protects - Its may do, it doesn't say that it has SPF in it so I am unsure of what it is actually protecting us from. Maybe the enviroment, but I don't it.
I would like to focus on point 4 - Mattifies. As I have said, my make up was starting to slide at 2 hours which could easily be touched up with power. After 8 hours, I looked like a total grease monkey. I touched my forehead and all make up was coming away without any problem and it looked and felt horrible. I am going to take a picture at some point so you can see how bad it was. I have never wanted to cleanse my skin in public before but I really wanted to today.
Ok the weather has changed in England but this would stop a primer working this much.

I am really sad about this product. I love Rimmel and it won't stop me using other products of theirs in the future, however, this is bad.

As I always say, this is just the reaction it had on my skin, it may work better on yours, but for me this is a total no go product.
Maybe if you have dry skin, this could be perfect but any oil at all, then stay clear.

Disappointed.

Retails at around £7.

There at  a lot better products out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment