Tuesday 22 March 2011

Review: POND'S Nourishing anti-wrinkle cream

Kylie uses this!!!




What the packaging states
The Pond's Institute has improved its Pond's Nourishinhg Anti-Wrinkle S cream formula enriched with White Tea Extract, Vitamin B3 and UV Protection in order to:

  • Increases skin's natural protection against leading causes of skin ageing.
  • Smooth out wrinkles and help to prevent new ones from appearing.
  • Visibly illuminate skin and improve its texture.


 The main reason I started using this cream was while during a chat with my Mum, I found out that this is the brand that my Grandmother used when she was alive. My grandmother had lovely skin. If a product has been around for that amount of time, there must be something good to it.

The packaging
It is really cute. Nice, clean & simple. A mixture better pink and white shades, and a cute little flower design.
The cream is contained within a glass jar with a pink lid. I can't explain why I love it so much, maybe as it is very ladylike, who knows.

The Product
When opening the jar, the cream appears to be quick thick but light at the same time. When applied to the skin, it is very easy to blend over and around the face without dragging or excess rubbing so only a small amount is need with each application. I have found that this cream sinks into the skin very easily and evenly.

I have combination skin and found that some creams can be drying in some areas and oily in others, I haven't had this problem with Pond.
I have been using this every morning after cleansing for 2 weeks and my skin is glowing, even in texture and I have had no breakouts.
I usually get spots with eating a lot of fatty food, around my time of the month and when I forget to take my make up off at night but I really haven't had a problem with this at all when using this cream.
My skin feels smooth and comfortable from the moment that I put it on. I have noticed that the dry areas around my nose have improved 100% using this.
My skin is looking super healthy.
Also this cream has a lovely fragrance to it. It is very light, with a slight flowery undertone and smells super fresh and clean. Beautiful.

As for the anti-wrinkle second of it, well I don't know as I haven't got any. I am a strong believer I starting your anti-wrinkle routine before the wrinkles begin to appear. All I can say is that by looking at my Grandmother, if I have skin like hers at her age while using this cream, I will be one very happy lady.

I brought my cream from Boots but you will have to keep your eyes peeled for it. There are only 3 products that they stock and that it two moisturiser and one cold cream. So if you can't see it make sure you ask as it is very easy to miss. This is a great same as I truely believe this is an amazing product and it doesn't get the display space.

This product is really cheap, retailing at around £5 so will not break the bank. 

I really can't imagine switching from this cream, it is a fixature in my personal collection. My skin has never felt this good.

Remember to trust your instincts when buying a product for your skin. Yes the magazine and TV adverts are great but think, if a products has been around for ages and it is still selling against these new products, there must be something great in it.
Even some very well know celebrities are using this range from Pond, such as Kylie Minogue and how great is her skin.

Give it a go. You won't regret it.



3 comments:

  1. The cream is contained within a glass jar with a pink lid. I can't explain why I love it so much, maybe as it is very ladylike.
    Revitaderm
    Revitaderm Cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get spots with eating a lot of fatty food, around my time of the month and when I forget to take my make up off at night but I really haven't had a problem with this at all when using this cream.
    Relift XS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you like this cream. My grandmother swore by it. You can't beat a classic.

    ReplyDelete