Tuesday 12 July 2011

My Day off

Hello again,

I have been lucky to now have two lovely days off to relax and ......... tidy up if I'm honest. Anyway, I think the best thing to do while doing this, is to give my skin a day off as well.

I think this is an extremely important thing to do from time to time. You put your skin through a lot everyday and expose it to everything really. And eventhough it may look OK, it is still a good idea to take some extra care of it.

I hardly even I go out without makeup on, apart from days like these ('cos I feel naked without it!).

I always make sure it is the day when I have a good bash at my eyebrows. These are very important as they frame your face, so you want to spend some time on these otherwise things are going to be a bit of a struggle from then on. So take your time.

Eventhough, I remove my make up every night, I still do the same cleansing routine every morning to make sure I get rid off all the dirt and wake my skin up.

  1. I start my removing my eye make up. At the moment I am using Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover. You don't have to use this one, just make sure it is one that is comfortable on the skin round the eye area for your skin type. 
  2. I then tackle the eyebrows, choose whichever method you are happy with.
  3. I then use my cleanser Eau Thermale Avene: Extremely Gentle Clenser. I could not live without this product. The best cleanser that I have ever used on my face.
  4. I then use Eau Thermale Avene: Thermal Water.  I have reviewed this before and it is a firm favourite and a must have for any kit and handbag.
  5. After letting that soak into the skin, I apply Pond's Nourishing anti-wrinkle Cream. Beautiful product and a favourite of my grandmothers.
  6. Next onto the lip balm: I use Carmex as it achieves lovely and quick results and smells lovely (the cherry one).
  7. If I don't have to go out, then I skip applying any other products but I need to so (i know that I didn't plan to but I need a bit of help this morning) , I have to keep it minimal. So I apply a concealer, only to the areas that really trouble me. Make sure your not too heavy handed.
  8. Make sure that eyebrows are groomed.
  9. I apply mascara at this stage if I am going out as I really can't be seen without it (sad, I know). Today I am using Rimmel The MAX Volume Mascara 001 Black. Only on the top lashes though.
  10. I am very pale, so I need a tidy bit of colour to my cheeks. I use Posie tint by Benefit. This is not to heavy and will give a slight hint of colour.
And that is it. My skin has a chance to breath, calm and repair.

Maybe once a week try to do this, or at least ease up on the amount of make up you apply a tad. You will notice a difference.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment