Sunday 28 November 2010

Bronzer in Winter?

Ok, Winter is here and we are starting to look a bit pale, (well me more than others lol).

Im not a big fan of the super bronzed look unless you have a natural tan and even then, sometimes it is dodgy. You also have to be very careful with bronzer if you have very pale skin, as you could end up resembling something from Adam and the Ants.

Right, you have a few options at this freezing time of year.
  1. The sun bed - These will give you a nicer (terrible word) fake tan, no streak marks and no patches. And no scrubber knuckles (you know, that lovely sight when the knuckles are bright orange or dirty brown). Be careful not to go to dark tho, you can if you really want, but a healthy glow is a much better sight.
  2. Fake tan - Make sure you prep before have, get rid of all that dead skin and make yourself silky smooth. Also be careful of the slapper knuckles which I mentioned above. Also be careful around the knees, elbows, ankles, knuckles, toes. A lot of my friends asks someone to apply the fake tan for them, which is a lot better as they will have a better view.
  3. A natural tan - Well, who could resist a quick break away before Christmas, or go away for it. Best way to get a natural tan however be careful.
  4. Bronzer -  Good way to quickly achieve a glow of the face and body. As I have mentioned, be careful where you but it, you don't want racing stripes. Cheeks, forehead, centre on nose and chin are good. If you are very pale, be extra careful, you could try going one shade darker in foundation but pay extra attention to blending it into the neck and hairline.
I apply a liquid bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, sides of the nose and the temples before I apply my normal foundation over the top. This helps my face look more chiseled and can help create killer cheekbones. I will do a step-by-step guide to this soon.

*WARNING*
Remember that exposing yourself to the sun or a sunbed can cause skin cancer. I know people keep trying to drum it in to you but it is important and so feel like I have to say this to you.
Sunburn is also, never sexy.
Sun cream is very important, the higher the better. Yes you may not get the tan you wanted but you will be safer.

I have said before, I am not a fan of the OTT fake tan but then again, if it makes you happy .... who am I to judge.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment